Location: Church of the Assumption, Westport, CT
The Parish Receptionist is a part-time position in support of the pastor’s responsibilities and needs of the parish office. The primary purpose of this position is to provide friendly, welcoming office support for the Parish, staff and the Pastor, including answering calls, basic office duties, document request and processing.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provides service by receiving visitors, answering parish phone, prepares general correspondence. Maintains liturgical calendars, including schedule the master calendars of parish events.
- Registers new parishioners, and updates/maintains Parish Soft Database, the parish census, as well as official sacramental records. Provides requested certificates.
- Oversees parish databases, coordinates volunteers list.
- Coordinate with the Parish Clergy on funeral arrangements.
- Performs other duties, as assigned.
- High School Diploma and minimum of three years of relevant office experience.
- Strong computer skills and knowledge of Microsoft Office (Publisher, Power Point, Word and Excel).
- Knowledge of Parishsoft is a plus but will provide training for the program used for our databases.
- Oversees inventory of office supplies and places supply orders for Parish Office. Monitors office equipment to ensure proper performance between service calls.
- Ability to work independently, keep projects running and clear understanding of when to involve the Pastor.
- Great interpersonal skills, with strong decision-making and leadership capabilities.
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal).
- Solid problem solving and time management skills.
- Able to multitask efficiently and effectively.
- Highly organized with sharp attention to detail.
- A strong work ethic and desire to exceed parishioner expectations.
- Must always maintain strict confidentiality.
- Practicing Catholic in good standing with the Church.