Location: Church of the Assumption, Westport, CT
Parish Secretary, Bulletin Editor & Virtus/Safe Environment Coordinator is a part-time position. The primary purpose of this position is to provide friendly, welcoming office support for the Parish, staff and the Pastor. This also includes designing of weekly bulletins in MS Publisher, update parish website, maintain Virtus database as well as basic office duties. This position requires a strong knowledge in Microsoft Word, Excel and Publisher.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provides service by receiving visitors, answering parish phone.
- Design and Create weekly bulletins.
- Design and Create Parish-wide emails.
- Maintain parish website.
- Provide staff support with communication needs such as composition of signs, flyers, brochures.
- Sending greeting cards to parishioners for significant event.
- Oversee parish databases, coordinates volunteer lists, monitors Virtus/Safe Environment Training lists to ensure they are up to date.
- Performs other clerical duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma and minimum of three years of relevant office experience.
- Strong computer skills and knowledge of Microsoft Office (Publisher, Power Point, Word and Excel) and Adobe Acrobat.
- Creative thinker and has ability to take projects from idea to reality.
- Knowledge of Parishsoft is a plus but will provide training which is the program used for our databases.
- Ability to work independently, keep projects running and clear understanding of when to involve the Pastor.
- Great interpersonal skills, with strong decision-making and leadership capabilities.
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal).
- Solid problem solving and time management skills.
- Able to multitask efficiently and effectively.
- Highly organized with sharp attention to detail.
- A strong work ethic and desire to exceed parishioner expectations.
- Must always maintain strict confidentiality.
- Practicing Catholic in good standing with the Church.