Dear Parish Family,
As you all know, our Bishop, in consultation with the State health officials has given us permission to begin offering public Masses. As we start offering Masses again, there will be limitations of how many people will be able to attend. I ask you to please be patient with us as we begin Phase 1. We are praying that we fully go back to worship our Lord inside our beautiful church. We will continually evaluate our parish plans and procedures so that we can worship safely as much as possible. As a reminder, Bishop Caggiano’s dispensation of our Sunday obligation to attend mass remains in effect at this time.
Phase 1 Outdoor Mass: Open area between the rectory and the church
Mass Schedule for Phase 1
(All masses will continued to be live-streamed and available for Replay through our website www.assumtpionwestport.org)
Weekday: Monday thru Friday – 7:00 am (available only via live-streaming through our website)
Weekends: Outdoors (weather permitting) – Saturday Vigil 5:00 pm and Sunday 9:00 am, 12:00 noon
- A maximum of 45 people. Please wear your facemask.
- Hand sanitizers will be available all around the area where Mass will be celebrated.
- We ask everyone to bring their own lawn chairs. If your do not have one, we will provide some folding chairs. Visible markers will be set-up for people to place their chairs (observing social distancing).
- For a reservation Click Here for Sign-Up Genius (45 people maximum per mass).
- In case of inclement weather, mass will be celebrated in the church with NO lay faithful present and will be broadcast via live-streaming through our website.
- There will be a Holy Eucharist distribution path with a plexiglass window that will be placed between the communicant and the priest or deacon. If you choose not to receive communion, we will provide the Spiritual Communion Prayer.
Please Note: During the celebration of outdoor masses, the church and all other buildings on our property will remain closed. Bathrooms will NOT be available.
Reception of Holy Communion
Church of the Assumption follows the guidelines set forth by Bishop Caggiano. The guidelines are designed to allow for the distribution of Holy Communion at Mass in a safe manner for both ministers and communicants (Please visit the diocesan website or ctrl and click here: http://www.bridgeportdiocese.org/wp-content/uploads/2015/10/Guidelines-for-the-Distribution-of-Holy-Communion.pdf ).
Disclaimer: The Church of the Assumption is pleased to be able to offer public worship again. The parish is taking precautions per the CDC and Governor Lamont’s recommendations regarding public gatherings, as well as our own precautions we feel are prudent under the circumstances. We look forward to welcoming you and your family back to Mass, but please understand there are risks involved in attending a public worship in a pandemic despite all of the precautions taken by the parish and the diocese. We ask your cooperation with all of the directives that have been put in place for your safety and the safety of our clergy and your fellow worshipers.